25 Artists Legends Indonesia

25 Artists Legends Indonesia versi : Rolling Stone Indonesia.

A tribute to the world's biggest icons in the history of popular music Indonesia, by the compatriots and followers trail. Legend is a word that often diumbar when talking about someone significant. So often the word is used, until it seems anyone can be said to be a legend. The concept is relative, in which each person has his own understanding and interpretation of what makes a person more meaningful and accomplished than his colleagues who could be equally meritorious. When we asked 100 people about who deserve to be called a legend, maybe we'll get 100 different answers. Here is a list of 25 Indonesian artists of all time according to the major artists as well.

1. Koes Plus

By Erwin Gutawa:

Absorption exemplary of Koes Plus is their productivity. Until now, that is not one of them has spawned 93 albums. From the start 26 albums filled up dozens of start album pop, pop Malay, Javanese pop, dangdut, pop up children. Koes Plus like music machine with sky-high productivity. One again, until now only Koes Plus which has a fan club all over the country, not a little too organized. This is not because the band management actions [as many bands do today], but do spontaneous fans who always loved Koes Plus. Like I love Koes Plus.


2. Iwan Fals

By Bimbim Slank:

Inspiration and critical nature Slank air-origin of Iwan Fals. God Bless be great musically and band, but sympathy, Iwan Fals greater because the lyrics are more grounded, while lyrics God Bless more toward macho. That's what I learned. That one of them, music is music, but it would be more meaningful if we put something on it. One of them with a passion, lyrics, and social protest. And I also studied the conditions outside. Musicians who survive long it usually musicians who give something in his music, like Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, the Sex Pistols. They all contain fighting spirit. In Indonesia, I saw it there on Iwan Fals. We forget a lot of it. Children young band in the early career definitely had a lot of problems. Just because the industry, everyone writes a love, or antidrug. Precisely in Iwan Fals, I so look in the mirror, that theme to make the song turned out to be extensive.

3. Chrisye

By Erros Djarot:

There is an interesting story about the White Dove song that I created and he sings. The structure of the song was short. He says, Ros, song just this hour? Nggak- repeated again? I said, Not necessary. It's like eating cassava, a little but full. Chrisye actually want that song even longer. Then Merepih Nature. It was the first time Chrisye create your own songs. After hearing the music basically, I navigate and shape the song. Therefore credit songs were written on my behalf and Chrisye. Once finished, he commented it was easy to make a song. I said, Elo wrote timid, especially elo play music much better than me. In my opinion, Chrisye weakness is less close to social events. He is also less likely to read. Typical plates only. Sometimes when we talk and discuss politics, he likes the fear first. Differences with Yockie very political.

4. Benjamin S

.Therefore David Naif:

I've been to his grave once, after Emil's father buried in the same cemetery. His tomb is not fancy, not like the tombs of the legend we thought. He should be used as a kind of hero, a special person. Especially in Jakarta, should be made a monument or statue. Already deserve. Betawi figure arguably the most important, yes he is. He raised Betawi culture. Betawi song are so many incredible so he brought, so many people hear the songs Betawi because Benjamin. If the person says no influence on music Naive, perhaps indirectly, because I heard him. So, what I hear sometimes enter. But, I admit it will not be able to make like him. Maybe someone with a voice like him, but not necessarily his soul could se-like, to express it must be different. I want to be like him, expressive nothing is covered.

5. Ismail Marzuki

By Addie MS:

If you notice a fragment of lyrics, where the cradle of beta / lulled bred mother, it was a very touching sentence. Without wrapped in melody, the sentence can make people cry, longing, and untouched. Remarkably, the lyrics are wrapped de-ngan music that really fit used as background portrayal of Indonesia. The song ends with a promise that reads, "A refuge in the old days / Until the end of the closed eyes, the melody is also quite rich. Or you can look carefully at the track Flirt Coconut Island, Ismail Marzuki very aptly describes the nature Indonesia calm and peaceful. The lyrics "my homeland safe and prosperous / coconut highly fertile island / island nation jasmine idol / Adored beautiful island scenic / Fatherland, Kwaku, terde-heard simple but can represent the actual nature Indonesia.

6. Slank

By Eross Candra SO7

I was one of the millions of children who grow up with Slank music in the early 90's era. For me, the previous music just singing and dreaming. But when they appear, the music is an option that could be lifestyle and inspiration, the mindset of the 90's generation. In terms of musicality, Slank is a rock & roll band flavored Indonesia. I bet, not necessarily Caucasians musician can make or play as their compositions. Lyrics of love no doubt, political lyrics over the nation than the news on TV that much undisguised falsehood New Order era. And most unique for me is the lyrics that talked about a concept that became GBHS ([aris Policy Guidelines Slank] today. I will not forget how the song Blue Island and Ge-Latter Blue becomes anthem was born and my inner and friends -personal friend.

7. Guruh Soekarno Putra

By Sari White Shoes

One of his works that I think is interesting is Surya Gemilang-. Some people may not ba-many know, this includes national film soundtrack Ali Topan Street Children [1977], which tells Wishers's happiness and sunny. Consider the first two stanzas: "Surya scintillating horizon of hope / Morning brilliant in the hearts of two people / River winding like life / Two teenagers making out / Valleys and canyons, mountain lake instead of obstacles. Medium tracks plug-ness sung by Chrisye, "Kala Sang Surya Drowning", recalled going to the dark hope, Surya sank into the fog of darkness / twilight nan grim in the heart shattered / The winding road in life / Two teenagers losing bidder longing / love idol cover ordeal.

8. God Bless

By Faith Son Fattah

I am sure none of the Indonesian band of the '70s generation that still exist and dressed like young rockstar besides God Bless. Even in the age of those who tread the '60s, they still rock harder than most young bands in our generation. I remember the first time watching mere-ka live. At that time I sit in front of the amplifier, look toward thousands of spectators who packed the room's Convention [now JCC]. I also still remember how fast berdengung- amplifier speakers on my ears and emotions. The emotion that I feel every time I hold the guitar and ring it. At that time I realized that God Bless taught me the meaning of the word music.

9. Titik Puspa

Makki by Parikshit

Not many supporters of the career of a pop artist at the time of Tante Titiek begin. Yet too many radio and only one television station. No infotainment to show off the face of the artist, or the tabloid gossip to spread. Not to mention the social structure in those days were not as supportive of a woman acting too ba-many beyond the capacity tradisio-known him as a homemaker. Tante that Titiek- able to survive as a pop artist for this long, without leaving capacity as mothers and wives say a lot about the character of Aunt Titiek and depth of its talent. None other than work and a strong personality capable of bringing career as owned by Tante Titiek. The work that is the legacy Tante Titiek in the history of the country music world.


10. Bimbo

By Armand Maulana

I often think, if Bimbo never released a religious album, maybe I will still fond of me-they se-like now. Frankly I hear the material Bimbo were not breathe religion but pop. I think their music is very easy listening. And it also makes me always salute the fact that Sam, Acil, Jaka, and Iin Parlina are brothers whose age difference is not much. In the existing stereotypes, the brothers would often quarrel but it seems Bimbo is a different case. They are compact family that blend voice-Ngat sa mating. It does not matter about religion or not, based on musicality Bimbo is a group that deserves a place and appreciation in the Indonesian music.

11. Bing Slamet

By Remy Sylado

As a singer with a baritone paired with Bing Crosby, Bing Slamet forged more mature se-he had joined in the arrangement of the core singers Orchestra Studio RRI Jakarta under conductor Sjaiful Bahri [these people crossed into Malaysia for political reasons] and musicians Indonesia, -ilmunya gain knowledge of music from the Netherlands, for example -Marzuki and Iskandar Ismail. While Bing skill in -melawak, as comedian true, proven through a contest organized by the magazine -Jakarta Ria Art Building, July 29, 1953. There he won a major champion nicknamed Comedian Stars. At that time he admitted that for her comedy talent is a gift that has been ingrained.


12. Rhoma Irama

By Emil Naif

Crazy, this guy musical sa-Ngat savory! Okay arrangements, harmonies and melodies of his songs tasty. From there, there are new things that I've heard about him. He had been on the cover of Newsweek magazine, called Hero of Asia and so on. I think he's one of dangdut music class ever in Indonesia. He is very concerned with sound, arrangement, lyrics and themes. I think he's a superstar. Many of his; I've read he played four films in 76 years only. He has his own recording label, which later became the -Yukawi -Soneta Records.



13. Fariz RM

By Otong Koil

In addition to its unique and sophisticated sound, he also built a system of lyrics and arrangements are quite fantastic. Fariz RM has a unique habit in breaking and connecting vocabulary in the lyrics. Perhaps he was not aware of it, might as well just my own thinking about it. In my opinion, this is the most important thing and not owned by a single person in this country. Then I stole my system and take it to the most extreme point for arranging the works of my own music. Forgive me, artisan trace, Oom. Hehehe. I do not hear much Fariz RM activities in the 90s, although he had time to watch a few concerts and meet to ask ta-ngan sign along with the crowd of other fans. I was recording a cover version of Astoria, and want to show it to him. Unfortunately, the file is lost.

14. Gombloh

By Piyu

I heard some of his life story that became a legend of the ever closer and get to know him as the following story. Once he pays a female commercial sex workers [PSK] to just sit in the studio, looking at him as he plays the guitar for inspiration. Perhaps that is contained in the song "Prayer A Bitch" [I do not know exactly], because, for this song photographing system or a trap against the prostitutes that makes them unable to get out of the cobwebs prostitution system. Then there is also the song that is created from the observer-her for an hour [at two or three in the morning] to a mother with her child who wandered the sidewalks, in a song called "3600 Seconds".



15. Ebiet G. Ade

By Jimi The Upstairs

When listening to the album back Camelia I, I was stunned. Crazy. Turns since childhood I used to listen to the album as good as this. Poetry and song Ebiet tremendous increases with Billy J Budiarjo music packaging. "He Ilham From Heaven" is the best number on this album. Nuanced religious songs, with lyrics genius. In certain moods, this song can make me deeply touched. For the nuances of love, "Love Lost Episode" is my choice. Billy J Budiarjo played guitar neatly there. "When will I hear again / The song of the wind and -denting guitar", immediately greeted with a glimpse of the guitar. It is a small part that is tempting. Though no doubt, "Song For A Name" is justification when we become losers. And "Camelia", waaah, Dodo Zakaria makes this song so more and more magnificent. As a child I did not feel it all so far. Well, better late than not at all aware of it.

16. Gesang

By Pongki Jikustik

Gesang figure is a figure that sa-Ngat identical to the Javanese: humble and calm. Four or five years ago, I never was in a show with him in which he sang Bengawan Solo for one private television station. At that time his voice is already not sound like a singer, but I understand because it is certainly due to the age factor. I do not have time to talk to him, I can only see it from afar. But from there I capture the simplicity and friendliness emitted by it. He comes with wearing a batik shirt, not very talkative, very low profile. His condition was very healthy and still able to sing. I know, now this situation physically Gesang arguably still very great. Seuzur for his age, still a nice physique. This certainly above the average.

17. Harry Roesli

By Fariz RM

Harry roesli is an important figure for my musical career. If Christophe realize I would be the attitude of professionalism, Yockie Suryoprayogo in musicality and Eros Djarot mempenga-fect my way of thinking, harry roesli is the only musician I admire indigenous principle. As individuals, Kang Harry is an example that should be a lesson for the younger musical generation nationwide in love music and how Seha-rusnya musicians have confidence in the results of their own creativity. As I recall, Kang Harry does not want to compromise when it comes to what's on in his head. When reprimanded about his habit of smoking, he always said, "Connect to connect into one".

18. Jack Lesmana

By Indra

The main contribution has been the father gave the effort and perseverance in introducing jazz music. All activities to be a breakthrough, changes and new influences to the development of music in Indonesia. Father founded the Indonesian All Stars group together Bubi Chen, alm. Yopie Chen, alm. Maryono and Benny Mustafa. This formation managed to open the eyes of the world will be the progress of jazz in Indonesia. Their appearance at the Berlin Jazz Festival in 1967 and also recorded collaborations with world jazz clarinet player, Tony Scott, is a masterpiece of the plume. Achievement they provide be the seed of a good relationship Indonesian arts and culture program with several foreign countries, especially in bringing some jazz musicians from abroad.

19. Ahmad Albar

By Ian Antono

I admire the charisma Achmad Albar. It can not be formed because of its very nature. When on stage, he has a different authority with anyone. Just as we witness the action stage, Mick Jagger, although silent on the stage, people still excited to see it. Something like that is a Achmad Albar. In addition to the full authority, he is also very quiet while being on stage. Sometimes when I sing in front of the mike, and he was beside me, his voice can be louder than me. If there is a commotion in the audience, de-ngan loud voice he shouted mene-ngahi. Shouts the committee or the police have always failed, but Achmad Albar make their voices stopped.

20. The Rollies

By Benny Soebardja

Actually, long before The -Rollies stand, I've been playing music in a band together with Gito my students as SMAN 5 Bandung, while Gito at SMAN 2 Bandung. Given musicality which they lived, for me The Rollies have managed to make a positive contribution to the development of pop music in Indonesia. They add an element of a wind instrument or a brass section. I think that until now there has never been a band like Rollies again, in the sense that the group is ready to present his own musical concepts without having to follow the tastes of the market. A penyikap's very rare in the mainstream music industry, especially in the era of music now. The Rollies in addition to successfully express the music of Indonesia, some of the personnel, especially Gito and Deddy, really clever social and get along with all the layers.

21. Erros Djarot

By Yockie Suryoprayogo

During Erros plunge into politics, as an artist I feel very aggrieved. Of course my musical collaboration associated with him, always incomplete, because of the interest in the arts is different from the political realm. Art talk with sense, ethics, morality while talking politics with interests for the sake of power. I am always hesitant to drag him to the territory of artistic or political region? Erros also seemed confused placed himself as an artist or politician. In the end I realized Erros priorities. As a musician, I'm in the music domain to scale first priority is to music while Erros decades of political domain. Automatic scale is a political priority. I now understand it and do not expect much. As a good friend, I just missed a work or concept of Erros Djarot- that could be the work of a whole se-like album Definitely Hurricane Passes, Cut Nyak Dien movie or the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle [PDI-P] which he participated along with the design of Megawati Soekarnoputri.

22. Yockie Suryoprayogo

By Ade Paloh

Yockie prove that he is the agent of young people of his time, overturning the long trend of Indonesian pop music whiny and hipermelankolis perfectly. He also assured Christophe that at that time known as a bass guitar player to sing the classic song Lilin-Lilin Kecil up Christophe flew to the royal throne of the country's top vocal. Yockie reliable on synthesizer, do not stay silent in leisureliness to-success. Bored with street style, he tried to combine it with something more schools. He who at the time was not yet adept at writing notation scores, studying lightning with leading maestro Idris Sardi's famous fierce and Regimental, to produce a masterpiece I Was My Music. The suffix is ​​used as a substitute orchestra fundamentally sound synthesizer to make arrangements pop repertoire Indonesiana the work he and his compatriot, be prese-den new musical treasures of Indonesia late 70s to early 80s. 23. Dewa19Oleh Leads Nidji

Dhani ever wear the emblem God's story time at the Warriors of Love, there are fanatics came Dhani and say, This is the symbol of God! Dhani just talk to his friend, Oh, so hard so John Lennon. Crazy! Maybe he wrote many love ka-ha-rena tinya believe that love can change everything. Perhaps menga-takannya different ways. Sometimes people think too arrogant. But if we know him more closely, hes a very cool dude. Nidji era when the first album, we are always amazed when I meet with senior musicians, always wanted to know more closely. No one ever warned-warned to me, if de-ngan Dhani, ready to hurt. But not like that I've experienced together Nidji. That makes me laugh, when I shake, she say, Lo shake mulu. Alright.

23. Dewa19

By Leads Nidji

Dhani ever wear the emblem God's story time at the Warriors of Love, there are fanatics came Dhani and say, This is the symbol of God! Dhani just talk to his friend, Oh, so hard so John Lennon. Crazy! Maybe he wrote many love ka-ha-rena tinya believe that love can change everything. Perhaps menga-takannya different ways. Sometimes people think too arrogant. But if we know him more closely, hes a very cool dude. Nidji era when the first album, we are always amazed when I meet with senior musicians, always wanted to know more closely. No one ever warned-warned to me, if de-ngan Dhani, ready to hurt. But not like that I've experienced together Nidji. That makes me laugh, when I shake, she say, Lo shake mulu. Alright.

24. Ahmad Dhani

By Ahmad Dhani

I was lucky until now I was awarded by Allah seabreg diverse musical tastes, se-up I enjoyed the work of Sergei Rach-maninoff or also Maurice Ravel, as a result of associating with the orchestra while recording a string of albums Dewa19. I also do not know why I am fond of music R & B, probably looking for a fusion of music formats fading in the 90s, then I am fond of TLC and Faith Evans. I was lucky to have a musical instrument keyboard and guitar making it easier for me to understand the music of Steve Vai well as electronic music Chemical Brothers. Because I understand the guitar, then I admire and adopt The Edge and Brian May. And after I did some more research, it is the musician who mastered the guitar and keyboards will produce work that is more diverse than the musicians who controls only one instrument. And my greatest fortune is always get a chance in producing the album. Incidentally tones can be nice. Incidentally lyrics can be commercial. Incidentally may sound-sound nice. Coincidence can be a good idea for the arrangements. Incidentally there is a buy a cassette / CD. No coincidence that activates its RBT. Incidentally there is another coincidence.

25. Indra

By EQ Humania

In overview, it is the figure of Indra've got a great appreciation of Indonesia. However, the future quality of Indra as a man and musician, especially as a jazz musician, he could have more leverage and go all the way. I was there when a point in his life, Indra decided to live in Indonesia. I also often conversed de-her, that actually Indonesia needs people like him. For me Indra has reached a high point in terms of achieving a musician. But I also realized that with his ability, he will be shining when abroad, where he would often be surrounded by people who berlevel same [no disrespect to those that exist in Indonesia of course]. But at ak-hirnya he is aware that he has some sort of moral responsibility, or can be a role, should he run here.

Source: Rolling Stone Indonesia.
Previous
Next Post »